March was a brilliant month! I really hit my stride with ‘launching’ and selling with ease (read: no stress) and it fits into a 30 hour work week, like a glove.
I had a deal for the membership site that sold out the wazoo! I can’t believe I had never offered it before.
Regular readers head below. If you are new here – In January 2016 I shared my goals for the year. I really loved the ‘accountability’ of publicly declaring them and writing out (and explaining to myself and others) my business and personal goals.
I am a firm believer that you can create new goals any day of the week (or year) and doesn’t have to be on January 1st. I am a chronic goal setter. I have a goal for (nearly) everything. From: income goals, product sales every ‘launch’, website traffic, email subscriber list numbers, exercising, eating healthy, spending time with the boyfriend, buying a farm, moving house, time on Facebook, reading books…. yep, everything.
Related article: Does Setting Income Goals Really Work?
It is April and one of my biggest goals was to retire my boyfriend this month.
For the last 6 months, I have had the goal to retire my boyfriend from his job. It has been one of my main driving forces to reach income goals, month on month.
While, yes, it isn’t just about me and has to do with my man’s choice + decisions + plans and I keep checking in regularly that this is his goal, too.
He kept getting stuck on the HOW. On the details. HOW would it work? Me – well, I’m the complete opposite. I have unwavering belief + the HOW (the details) are all figure-out-able.
6 months ago I set the dream, the intention, and the goal to retire my boyfriend. And at that stage, I had JUST retired myself! When I retired I was earning about $2k p/m semi-consistently.
The details were BIG. The HOW seemingly insurmountable. I can imagine that would put post people off. NOT ME.
I BELIEVED I could. Therefore I could. I’m not talking ‘pretty sure’ or ‘maybe’ or ‘it’s possible’. I had not a SHADOW OF A DOUBT that I would retire my boyfriend. The only thing between me and that – was time and some details. And that shit is figure-out-able.
So, first, I had to figure out how much money I would need to make, for that to become a reality.
I fiddled with some numbers. My average monthly expenses are $700-1000. For the wage I pay myself and wanted to pay my boyfriend (plus the business to be profitable and saving money), I write down $7000 would need to be my minimum monthly income for April 2017.
I guess-timated that an indication for both of us was that I would need a profitable and sustainable business that could fully support us both + a mortgage. It would have to be a month on month growth.
NO CRAZY high + low months for us. (Yuck! That sounds stressful.)
Crazy highs and lows would be stressful + full of anxiety and that would suck for me and my boyfriend. It had to be positive growth and experience.
NO – to crazy high-low months
YES – to continuous sustainable growth
YES – earning $7000 p/m for April 2017.
So, I reverse engineered the goal. If $7000 gross income is for April, then what would be my goal for March (in 5 months’ time), February (in 4 months’ time), January (in 3 months’ time), December (in 2 months’ time, November (in 1 months’ time).
So, my monthly goals were –
- $7000 April
- $6000 March
- $5000 February
- $5000 January
- $4000 December
- $4000 November
Remember, my starting point was in October 2016 when I had just quit my FT job myself. In my business I was making about $2k p/m.
(And just for fun, and those reading along at home I had about 100k page views per month and 14k email subscribers in October.)
So, my SMART goals were:
- Retire my boyfriend from his job in April 2017:
- My business grows at least 10% month on month – starting at $4k for November.
And this is how I did:
- $4465 – October
- $4192 – November
- $4930 – December
- $5102 – January
- $5886 – February
- $6436 – March
And now it is April.
I woke up with my boyfriend at 5am, like I have for years.
It is still dark when he leaves for work at 5.30am, now.
A cool Autumn change is in the air. He mentions that we could stay in bed if he didn’t go to work.
I murmur in agreement.
He asks or checks again with me – can we afford for him to quit?
He is a worrier, a stresser, and over-thinks everything. He gets stuck on the HOW + I get stuck on the UNWAVERING BELIEF.
He is the ying to my yang.
Will my boyfriend retire, from his job, this month?
Well, that is up to him. That will be his choice. I would like to think so. I hope so. I believe so.
MY OVERALL GOALS FOR 2017 (TO REMIND ME, MORE THAN ANYTHING):
- Working from my highest self. Create high-quality content.
- Exercise x4 weekly. Get up at 5 am, Monday to Thursday for a 20-minute walk & run up hills.
- Be inspired. By reading books and listening to podcasts.
- Be inspirational. By doing all the above.
BUSINESS GOALS FOR THE YEAR:
I want to create high-quality content, with all new content I am creating.
I published, write, share, created and taught:
- 9 blog posts on this website
- 13 on my other blog Angel Foods
- 2 podcasts
- personal social media posts aiming to inspire and motivate
- 15 email newsletters for 2 blogs
I want to increase Angel Foods email subscribers by extra 15,000, increasing from 15,000 to 30,000 by 31 December.
I have hit over 17,300 as of beginning April. This is all organic (no paid advertising) subscribers having my opt-ins very strategic and thoughtfully placed.
I want to keep business expenses at $700 per month at beginning of year and $800 per month, in the last 6 months of the year.
My business expenses were about $1200 for March. They were $450 in VA fees, a $240 affiliate payout and nearly $300 in bank and PayPal fees. I think I need to relook at this goal and make it more realistic.
I want to increase Angel Foods monthly website hits from
150,000 75,000 to 300,000 200,000 consistently by 31 December.
In March I hit over 88,000 age views. High 5!
I want my company to make $80k gross sales in 2017 with $xx expenses & wages and $xx net sales for 2017.
I want to increase CBS enrolled members from 240 to 400 paying members by the 31 December.
I had 52 new enrolled students in CBS in March! Plus I had a 1-year deal and had 42 people sign up. So in 12 months time, the recurring payment will be another large recurring payment. Woo hoo! I don’t know why I never offered a 1-year deal before. #facepalm
I want to have new website & membership site by end of January niching bloggers and online businesses (this website). DONE
I want to have 200 enrolled membership site paying students in Blog Business School by 31 December.
Ten magnificient people enrolled this month. I offered a fast-action taking limited time deal of a free mentoring session (valued at $50). Now, that is not something I am likely to offer again but for where I am at, right now, in business, it is just perfect 🙂
I want to have 5,000 email subscribers for this website by 31 December.
By end of March, I have 224 subscribers (been live for about 7 weeks).
I want to have monthly website hits 15,000 for this website by 31 December.
For March I had 2600 page views. That is with very little (virtually zero) Google and SEO traction, which will take at least 6 months.
I will retire hottie boyfriend from his job and hire him to help with my company by April 2017.
It’s time. It’s this month. I can hardly believe it. And I hit all the goals and indicators and marks. I’m going to self-congratulate because I did the work and didn’t give up. And believed without a shadow of a doubt.Well, this is getting closer and closer to reality! On the weekend we were writing our goals and plans for the next couple of months and my boyfriends
Now, whether my boyfriend makes the choice to retire – that is a different matter. And something I have no control over. But I gave him a CHOICE. And to me, well, that is the most powerful word in the English dictionary.
Hottie boyfriend, if you are reading this… I love you.
And know this. Destiny. Dreams. Choice. It is all right there in front of you. Reach out and grab it. It won’t bite. I promise.
I will buy a country property and move out of Brisbane being fully supported by my business by July 2017.
I am still writing this one out and manifesting. I’m not 100% sure how it will work out, but trust it will and if I make the steps towards it!
I want to feel supported by having regular mastermind sessions and also monthly sessions with a business mentor.
Still manifesting the heck out of this one.
I will reward myself for hitting my income goals and any goal by going to the movies, at least monthly.
I’m going to see Beauty & The Beast this week!
SUMMARY OF MARCH GOALS:
- Income goal of $7000 gross. Oh, I was soooo close again! I did revise this goal mid-month to $6600 and I made $6436.74.
- 6 x new Blog Business School enrolled students by 31 March. 10 people enrolled! Can I get a high 5!
- 70 new Cake Business School enrolled students by 28 February. Even better, had 52 new enrolled monthly members PLUS 42 yearly enrolled members!
- 2 x Workshops on 15th and 29th March. Nope, I did 1 workshop. I revised this goal and activity and it didn’t make sense as I was selling 1-year deals and it would have been confusing.
- Holiday. Totes did it. Camping (in a hut). No internet, no people, no houses, not traffic. It WAS bliss!
- Doing 2 x daily Facebook lives. Nope, didn’t. I am learning about my introvert and energy levels and this one is a big old sucker of energy. Searching for a more happy medium.
- Journal daily (5 x week). Nailed it. Like a boss.
- Exercise daily (5 x week). Lose 5 kg by 10 April. I have been exercising about 4 times per week. And I didn’t loose the (additional) 5 kg, after my inital 5 kg loss at the end of last year. But I am okay with this. Do I want to set another weight loss goal? Nope. Not really. Not at the moment, anyway.
- Health #1 priority. Reminding myself. Read books, cook yummy food, go to the movies.
- Income goal of $7300 gross. With a stretch goal of $7700 and super stretch goal $8000.
- 6 x new Blog Business School enrolled students by 30 April.
- 50 new Cake Business School enrolled students by 30 April.
- Sell $2000 of Growth Kit Bundle by 30 April. For months I have been selling ‘workshop’ (like live paid webinars) and the intention was also to multi-purpose the content and sell it as a bundle. I had in my head 8 workshops, bundled together and sell in April. Guess what, I have got 8 workshops already created and ready to go! It is valued at over $500. Currently, I am thinking over 60% off the $97 price tag, so about $37 for 1 week as a super early bird deal, then 30% of at $58 for 2 weeks until the end of the month.
- Up to 2.5 weeks off on holidays (and still making sales daily). So many holidays and time off this month. That was always planned, as the month that hottie boyfriend retires and to help with the transition we get out of the normal routine and get a gool old dose of getting ‘away’. For us, that is a camping trip to the middle of nowhere. We are doing to a couple of different middle of nowhere places, for up to a weeks each time. Coming home for custody and then going again.
- Reading at least 10 books.
- Journal daily (5 x week). Nailed it. Like a boss. Yesterday I thought I didn’t have ‘time’ and tried to get a head start on the day. Bit mistake. I got distracted easily and didn’t stay on task (working towards my goals) and got maybe 60% done, so I’m playing catch up today! Big mistake trying to miss out journalling.
- Exercise daily (5 x week).
- Health #1 priority. Reminding myself. Read books, cook yummy food, go to the movies.
I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
What goals do you have this month? Comment below.
THERE'S MORE WHERE THAT CAME FROM!
Get more juicy + delicious inspiration and advice with occasional emails (plus virtual cupcakes), free tutorials, business tips, some promotional emails with products & services and my $ income reports AND how I earn over $7000 per month from my blog!