This past month I retired my boyfriend from his job. He now works with me and within our company full time. A dream has come true, right there.
Regular readers head below. If you are new here – In January 2016 I shared my goals for the year. I really loved the ‘accountability’ of publicly declaring them and writing out (and explaining to myself and others) my business and personal goals.
I am a firm believer that you can create new goals any day of the week (or year) and doesn’t have to be on January 1st. I am a chronic goal setter. I have a goal for (nearly) everything. From: income goals, product sales every ‘launch’, website traffic, email subscriber list numbers, exercising, eating healthy, spending time with the boyfriend, buying a farm, moving house, time on Facebook, reading books…. yep, everything.
Related article: Does Setting Income Goals Really Work?
My huge goal: was retiring the boyfriend from his job. And having my boyfriend home + helping in my business, on a scale of 1-10 (of 10 loving it) is about 100.
To have his head in the business, his thoughts and ideas finally given time and space to come to light.
That he interrupts a conversation to talk business. Like me.
Do I want him to be like me? Kinda a little bit. I have asked him to write daily in the mornings. And listen to 1 podcast a week. He said he is happy to try. And I love him for that.
Half way through a business meeting he wanted to jump up and get started. But then realised we hadn’t finished the meeting 🙂
That is how I get. Like right now I am waking up and thinking about the day and what I need to do and I just want to jump straight into the day.
But I have to stop myself. I remind myself to breathe (deeply) as I have shortness of breath again (leading up to custody court stuff). I remind myself that journaling and exercise is super important to how the rest of the day will work out. That I AM exercising. No excused. And then I start the day with clear direction + focus + intention, rather than a big higglyty-pigglety.
MY OVERALL GOALS FOR 2017 (TO REMIND ME, MORE THAN ANYTHING):
- Working from my highest self. Create high-quality content.
- Exercise x4 weekly. Get up at
56 am, Monday to Thursday for a 20-minute walk & run up hills.
- Be inspired. By reading books and listening to podcasts.
- Be inspirational. By doing all the above.
BUSINESS GOALS FOR THE YEAR:
I want to create high-quality content, with all new content I am creating.
I published, write, share, created and taught:
- 3 blog posts on this website
- 10 on my other blog Angel Foods
- 4 podcasts
- personal social media posts aiming to inspire and motivate
- 15 email newsletters for 2 blogs
I want to increase Angel Foods email subscribers by extra 15,000, increasing from 15,000 to 30,000 by 31 December.
I have hit over 18,600 as of beginning May. This is all organic (no paid advertising) subscribers having my opt-ins very strategic and thoughtfully placed. I will be culling ‘cold’ subscribers who haven’t opened an email in 2+ months, so the number will decrease this month but it will be a ‘clean list’.
I want to keep business expenses at
$700 $1200 per month at beginning of year and $800 $1500 per month, in the last 6 months of the year.
My business expenses were about $1527.83 for April. They were $532.65 in VA fees, a $120 affiliate payout and nearly $257.62 in bank and PayPal fees. Last month I noted that I should relook at this goal . You can and I feel with increasing income equals increasing in PayPal fees and it would be more realistic to update my expense goal. You can read the income report here.
I want to increase Angel Foods monthly website hit from
150,000 75,000 to 300,000 200,000 consistently by 31 December.
In April I hit over 82,000 age views, which was down 6,000. I feel that the copycat business I spoke about a couple of months ago has negatively impacted my SEO.
I want my company to make $80k gross sales in 2017 with $xx expenses & wages and $xx net sales for 2017.
I want to increase CBS enrolled members from 240 to 400 paying members by the 31 December.
I had 21 new enrolled students in CBS in April. I actually haven’t added up total paying enrolled members this month. #onthetodolist
I want to have new website & membership site by end of January niching bloggers and online businesses (this website). DONE
I want to have 200 enrolled membership site paying students in Blog Business School by 31 December.
Eight brilliant people enrolled this month. I offered a fast-action taking limited time deal of a free 15-minute blog video review (valued at $25).
I want to have 5,000 email subscribers for this website by 31 December.
By end of April, I have 290 subscribers (been live for about 11 weeks).
I want to have monthly website hits 15,000 for this website by 31 December.
For April I had 3600 page views. That is with very little (virtually zero) Google and SEO traction, which will take at least 6 months.
I will retire hottie boyfriend from his job and hire him to help with my company by April 2017.
This totally happened. The first day of hottie boyfriend working started with a business meeting. His tasks to start with: Facebook group member requests, cook dinner 4 x times per week, regular business meetings – daily, weekly and monthly helping with goal planning and reviewing, completing a complete business audit, starting with auditing the Angel Foods blog going through 20 posts and writing a report/notes.
I will buy a country property and move out of Brisbane being fully supported by my business by July 2017.
We had custody court last week. With zero result (to be fair we didn’t expect much) but there is estimated further delay in the courts of approximately 2 years. I am still writing this one out and manifesting. I’m not 100% sure how it will work out, but trust it will and if I make the steps towards it!
I want to feel supported by having regular mastermind sessions and also monthly sessions with a business mentor.
Oh, I created my own mastermind groups! I love creating my own reality and what I envisage the world to look like. Currently we are putting together 2 small mastermind groups, meeting monthly for 6 months. If you want in, let me know!
I will reward myself for hitting my income goals and any goal by going to the movies, at least monthly.
Going to the movies tomorrow night.
SUMMARY OF APRIL GOALS:
- Income goal of $7300 gross. I made $6745 (you can read the income report here. It was a slight (3%) increase on last month, but still calling it a win as I never want to earn LESS than the previous month. Which is pretty unheard of on the ‘online digital product’ industry.
- 6 x new Blog Business School enrolled students by 30 April. 8 people enrolled! I had a special deal of getting a free 15-minute video blog review which was popular (email list size of 290.)
- 50 x new Cake Business School enrolled students by 30 April. I had 21 new enrolled students AND 13 new 1 year students. In March I had a 1-year deal, discounted and with a bonus. The bonus expired and I thought I might test keeping that option up and it was still semi-popular and some people chose it. And the reason I didn’t hit my goal – I didn’t do a limited time deal. #mybad
- Sell $2000 of Growth Kit Bundle by 30 April. I made $1713 which I am happy with. The early bird discount of over 60% off for $37 sold about $1000 worth and then I increased the price to 40% off at $58. And for the next 6 days (out of the 7 during the promotion) sold zero. So, I did a quick turn – I knew the price point of $58 sells (as it has previously) so I added a quick bonus in the final 24 hours. Another $700-ish in sales.
- Up to 2.5 weeks off on holidays (and still making sales daily). Totes did it. Camping (in a hut). No internet, no people, no houses, not traffic. It WAS bliss! And I kept making sales. I scheduled social media, I pre-published blog posts and scheduled email newsletters. Recurring and new sales came in daily.
- Reading at least 10 books. I read soooo much on holidays 🙂
- Journal daily (5 x week). Nailed it. Like a boss.
- Exercise daily (5 x week). Lose 5 kg by 10 April. I have been exercising about 4 times per week. And I didn’t loose the (additional) 5 kg, after my inital 5 kg loss at the end of last year. But I am okay with this. Do I want to set another weight loss goal? Nope. Not really. Not at the moment, anyway.
- Health #1 priority. Reminding myself. Read books, cook yummy food, go to the movies.
- Income goal of $7500 gross. With a stretch goal of $7750 and super stretch goal $8000.
- Get past the court date. Yuck. That always stresses me and also low productivity. That was on the 4th. Done.
- 6 x new Blog Business School enrolled students by 31 May.
- 50 x new Cake Business School enrolled students by 31 May.
- 2 x mastermind groups booked out and started.
- 4 x Angel Foods Show podcast interviews and over 2000 downloads for May. Concentrating on podcast to grow it, as I have never done that before and it is over 12 months old. I have never done interviews before and finally have learnt how to do it (hello learning curve) and know the interviewee will help promote the session.
- Holiday. Another trip out west for a couple of days before it gets too cold in winter.
- Re-work the Angel Foods website. With hottie boyfriend auditing the blog he has found it isn’t user-friendly. I am going to self-update with free workarounds (rather than paid plugins) because the website will need a complete update in the next 12 months (it is over 2 years old).
- Exercise daily (5 x week). Lose 5 kg by 30 June. I am coming back to this goal, which was *suppose* to be done by 10 April. April and beginning of May were rough, with more custody court stuff and I get quite stressed. I decided weight loss was not a priority and now we have gone past court (last Thursday) I have decided to go for this again and also asked for support from hottie boyfriend and accountability.
- Health #1 priority. Reminding myself. Read books, cook yummy food, go to the movies, work less than 30 hours per week.
I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
What goals do you have this month? Comment below.
THERE'S MORE WHERE THAT CAME FROM!
Get more juicy + delicious inspiration and advice with occasional emails (plus virtual cupcakes), free tutorials, business tips, some promotional emails with products & services and my $ income reports AND how I earn over $7000 per month from my blog!