After my website was down (again) and trying to get help (read: shocking bad support and customer service) I found out that Bluehost was ‘party’ hosting and I was on the same server as 2126-odd other websites.
Let alone pages taking forever to load! I was trying to run a blog and business; at 15,000 page views per month and my website was not going to grow past that with Bluehost. After some (great) advice, I migrated to Siteground.
Reasons I love Siteground:
- Zero down time (my website has not skipped a beat)
- Migration service for free (they will move your content – just ask them!)
- Great support & customer service (actually amazing)
- Supports website growth
After migrating in June 2016 my website got some viral traffic (20 x times and up to 300,000 page views) and the hosting didn’t miss a beat). Nowadays, I sit at around 150, 000 page views per month and Siteground grows with me. Bluehost couldn’t grow with me and my business.
Did you choose Bluehost off the recommendation of another blogger? Same. And trusted that advice. And they keep recommending Bluehost. Even when they stop using themselves.
I highly recommend jumping Bluehost ship and moving to Siteground. It is easier than you think.
The icing on the cake? SiteGround can & will transfer all your stuff (your entire website) from Bluehost for FREE. Bomb-Diggity! All you have to do is ask!
How to Sign Up to Siteground
1. Choose your hosting plan
SiteGround has three plans and one can sign for any of them with a great discount through your affiliate link.
It is also good to make a recommendation for the most appropriate plan to your audience:
- The StartUp plan is perfect for people with one website that are starting now
- The GrowBig plan is a great value for money offer, including the option for multiple websites and the SuperCacher that greatly improves a WordPress and Joomla website speed
- The GoGeek plan is perfect for people with e-commerce and larger sites, or more geeky development needs like staging and GIT integration
- Priority support is available on GrowBig and GoGeek: although they have insanely fast response times, our GrowBig and GoGeek clients are handled with priority, which might be something important for the novice user.
- Also of GrowBig and GoGeed: Free backup and restore service (while this is a paid option with the StartUp).
Step 2. Choosing Domain
Select whether you have a domain (website address) already on not. Plus, I can not emphasize enough, you can see the free website transfer that is included in the SiteGround hosting service.
Step 3. Review and Complete
Unlike many other hosting providers, Siteground advertised discount applies to any of the initial periods chosen during the sign-up process. Being able to get the low price for the one year period is a fact a huge bonus, compared to other providers where the lowest monthly price applies only for the longest period.
Remember – Every new customer of Siteground can take advantage of their running promotion and get the first website transferred absolutely free of charge. In addition, if your using cPanel with your current host, Sitegrounds advanced technical experts can migrate the entire cPanel including the email accounts again for free.
THERE'S MORE WHERE THAT CAME FROM!
Get more juicy + delicious inspiration and advice with occasional emails (plus virtual cupcakes), free tutorials, business tips, some promotional emails with products & services and my $ income reports AND how I earn over $7000 per month from my blog!