Today I woke up at 4.30am, so excited for the day! With ideas, possibilities & potential. It is all around us, in every moment of every day.
I have to share 2 big things that have happened!
I have so much to write and share about and it is overwhelming. Normally I would break it up into 1 little bite-sized chunk… but here is the thing. Life isn’t 1 little bite sized chunk, nor is business. It is more of a cascade of sprinkles on a cupcake of multiple colours and layers. You are never working on 1 thing (if you tell me you are, puh-lease, because I honestly won’t believe you.)
Two BIG things happened this week, actually more. Plus multitudes of medium and small stuff. Wins, fails and dreams and taking 1 step at a time.
BIG THING NUMBER 1
Yesterday I shared a journal, which went viral. More than viral, it struck a chord with many (MANY) people. From over 30 Facebook comments, 10 personal email replies (one was 1000 words!) and over 6 personal Facebook messages.
From my journal.
From sharing my journal entry.
I was raw, honest, teary, brave, inspired, and passionate and a little bit kick ass. I said how I was sick and tired of overwhelm and exhaustion on this roller coaster ride of an entrepreneurial journey.
If you missed it, it is over here. Pictures speak a thousand words and here are the comments.
I am sitting here, back on my couch, where I wrote that journal, now writing THIS journal.
It has been a GOOD day. Of sharing something personal and an apology letter. That I was able to help just 1 person yesterday.
I felt so …. I don’t know. Appreciative and overwhelmed and I don’t know … something! That I felt the need to write down the names of people I was able to help today, as a way of honoring them. I would love to share this list with you.
- Natasha – mission accomplished by 8 am.
- Taylor – had tears, it hit home.
- Marey – wanted help with chocolate ganache 🙂
- Theresa – living a groundhog day of unhappiness.
- Isabel – course ideas out the wazoo.
- Terese – wrote 1000 words and I cried.
- Louise – reminded me to love my man.
- Harshada – was feeling low & at 6 am there I was in her inbox.
- Nicolina – needed help finding customers.
- Jo – new mastermind buddy
- Robyn – told me loves hearing from me 🙂
- Kathy – suffers from depression and loves the supportive FB group I created
- Bernadette – feels less alone.
- Crystal – just what we all need to hear.
- Kelly – said it really helped her.
- Isabel – thank you.
- Brandi – brilliant
- Jay – you did it!
- Allie – *love heart*
- Bridget – OMG, so beautiful.
- Lucy – cut the brain clutter
- Kelly – bloody brilliant.
- Charlotte – something special
- Charlottes – SIMPLES!
- Socrates – we are all connected.
- Leah – relates to 100 brain dumps: P
- Therese – #TRUTH
- Jane – beautifully written
Thank you. To each and every one, for reaching what I wrote. For ‘smelling’ what I’m stepping’ in!’ (And I’m sorry if I left anyone out of the list!)
BIG THING NUMBER 2
I asked in my Facebook group (these peeps are great!) to look back on their week and tell me what they accomplished. Because it is as important as planning the week to come.
And someone asked me, how was my week?
Funny thing … I never actually sit down and write about the previous week.
This is what I got done this week –
- Designed an eBook cover & launched 3rd Amazon book, targeted FB ad campaign and got around 400 downloads.
- Finished the launch of Amazon #1 Pie course.
- Created 1st training module for Amazon Pie.
- Survey competition (for new business, and know how I can further help people).
- Fixed 12 blog posts: updating really old ones with a call to action.
- Wrote 2 x blog posts
- Emailed those blog posts to 5000 peeps
- 3 x business consulting phone calls
- Wrote a proposal to a publisher for starting a cake magazine (I have been thinking about this since the beginning of the year)
- Met new friends, helped people & have a new mastermind buddy!
Because business & life are one and the same to me –
- Playing in our new veggie garden (they are getting so big, I’m going to have to get a picture and share with you!
- Got a court date for custody hearing (come on, 8 December!)
- Went crabbing, got some rays plus 18 sand crabs – it was a feast!
Oh, and worked full time.
Well, Monday was a public holiday. But from 8am – 5pm I worked in someone else’s business. Oh, and I didn’t work 4 x nights this week (I did last night, but that is unusual because hottie boyfriend doesn’t like me/let me work night times). So, essentially I got this done between 6-8am. A bit of weekend work. Plus a bit on Monday.
To sum it up, to share, without being all big notin’ myself AND not overwhelming others. Here’s the thing… I’m not perfect. I don’t have shit more together than anyone else.
I love my life and I choose everything about it.
I am selfish. I sacrifice. I make a conscious decision each and every day to take ONE STEP towards my goals.
Do I get everything done? NOPE. Usually about half of it. But I sit down and do another brain dump and write up the next weeks plan.
(And from now on, I will also write down everything I got done in the previous week, too!)
Because, yes, I should totally celebrate the small and big wins. And the fails. Because failure is one step closer to success.
I would love to hear from you.
What has been a win for you? What have you achieved in the last week? Comment below.
THERE'S MORE WHERE THAT CAME FROM!
Get more juicy + delicious inspiration and advice with occasional emails (plus virtual cupcakes), free tutorials, business tips, some promotional emails with products & services and my $ income reports AND how I earn over $7000 per month from my blog!