I wonder because I (we) have an easy life that THAT is … well, uninspiring.
Because BEFORE everything was harder. It was hard.
We went through some tough times. I don’t even want to list them or give words to them. I don’t want to give energy to the thing or time or attention. I don’t want to remember or re-think of them.
They are the past and long gone. Yet a part of my story. A part of my make up. A part of my personality and who I am today.
I drew on those experiences, plus the intense or strong feelings for writing.
Nowadays we don’t have those experiences – well, the negative ones. Nowadays we have a positive mindset and a simple life. That is the ”worst” of our life.
It is simple.
A simpler life. An easier life. No stress. Easy. So easy.
I never aspired to a boring life. And I never expired to an exciting life. Just easy. Easier.
My life is easy. Let me share a normal day-in-the-life of Rebekah Jean Allan.
- No alarm. Ever. I wake up when I feel like it.
- Journal. I roll over + write. In peace and quiet for as long as I feel like it.
- Walk. Go for a stroll around the block with Hottie Boyfriend and the dog.
- Work. At home, in my pyjamas, if I want. Start and finish whenever. No boss.
- Create. Well, that is my work. Write. Content. Teach/train. That is my ”job”.
- Good food. Fridge always full will amazing good food. Hottie Boyfriend does most the cooking.
- Read. When tired or want a break.
- Soak in the tub. If and when I want, for as long as I want. Reading or listening to a podcast.
- Netflix. Several episodes of Shameless or Orange in the New Black or Vikings.
- Bed. Anytime I want (usually 9 pm or earlier). Because I like sleeping. A lot.
That’s my life. Work maybe 4 days per week.
It’s not hard, it’s not stressful. It’s easy.
Because I created it so. I created this life.
Previously it was hard (HARD) and I didn’t want a hard life anymore.
So I wrote down what I wanted. I wrote down the intention. I wrote down what I’m manifesting in my life (affirmations).
”My life is eas + joy + stressfree. I work less than 30 hours per week.”
And it is.
Finished big project
Yesterday (17 November) I finished a big project. ”Finished”, though it is never finished. There is so much more to do.
But I completed 2 x major parts to the project – a new website and adding everyone to it. (Cake Business School and over 500 people added manually!) That is done 😛
If I waited for it ”all” to be done, well it would never be done.
- 1 x clear SMART goal and objective.
- 1 x clear project (step/s) completed.
- 1 x reward – at the TIME of completion.
Because I’m always (already) on another project or goal, because there is always more to do, right?
Like a goldfish in a bowl – I just keep swimming.
Instead. I stop and look.
I am here. In this fishbowl. And I swam that far.
And allow me to feel awesome. Proud of myself.
Joy. Joy in THAT. Joy in the completion. Joy in feeling awesome. Joy in being proud of myself. Joy in a job well done.
This is my reminder and yours.
Stop swimming. Look at what is around you.
Feel the feelings.
Keep swimming 😛
P.S. I rewarded myself by getting nails done.
WHAT HAS WORKED WELL FOR ME RECENTLY?
Blog Business School free workshops. Having the accountability and goal of weekly live workshops, made them get DONE (rather than putting it off), with the urgency. The system and strategy of registration page to thank you page (with a limited time deal) – the Thank You page actually gets most of the sales (instead of the ”pitch” at the end of the live workshop).
ConvertKit affiliate webinar. I booked a live workshop with ConvertKit with content specific to my target market (cakers) and promoted that solid for a week. There were 30 x people who signed up via my affiliate link. Limited time deals and scarcity work.
Rebuilding Cake Business School. I am really (really) enjoying the process, I’m excited with so much potential and possibility. Last month I shared how it wasn’t ‘broken’ but more needed updating. I researched options for rebuild and chose Teachable as it has everything I want! It is sooooo easy to build a course without an expensive developer price tag. And I’m proud of the content and the upgrade and the students are loving it.
Publishing 2 x podcasts weekly. I published both Angel Foods Show and Blog Business School weekly, for the month. I love the schedule and accountability and the process. I love creating
WHAT DIDN’T WORK?
Not doing Angel Foods workshops. I still haven’t pulled my finger out to start doing live workshops regularly and consistently like we are for Blog Business School. To be fair, I know it is because I’m doing the CBS rebuild. I will be creating a weekly schedule from January next year (because I’m having December mostly off).
Email marketing. I’m finding a bit less effective than it ‘use’ to be. I need to do some research + learning and improve my knowledge and sales copy writing skills and get more up-to-date with this one!
$5k Blog Formula launch didn’t hit # number of sales goals. We are still running and reviewing and analysing why this is. It is always messaging or marketing problem and I feel like I can vastly improve my marketing on this program.
Other business – need to pivot and give some time and energy. As it is the 3rd business, the other 2 get most of my time and energy (as they bring in the bucks). I also need to look at pivoting.
WHAT DID I LEARN?
I am always onto the next thing. I probably always will be, because that is the nature of my work and my personality. I love what I do and the freedom it has, as well as the routine and structure.
But I so *so* need to reward myself for hitting goals. Do you know I haven’t rewarded myself for hitting $10k? Second biggest month ever and not even a blip on the radar, because I’m onto the next thing.
- December off. I’m going to write this first to remind myself that I am having 3+ weeks off in December (most of December off.) I had December off last year when I was bed-ridden, and I’ve noticed a pattern of that is when my work in slowest AND my energy is the lowest. So, I’m planning on having December off, forever more. I plan on reading, writing, taking up some craft (painting, maybe), my ‘play project 3rd business’ (see below) and maybe running away for the holiday period.
- CBS more modules. The rebuild is partly re-done (about half the content is in there). So in the next few weeks before time off, I will be (mostly) completing this.
- 3rd business. With an income goal of $10,000 per month, recurring within 18 months (12 month goal is $5,000 and 6-month goal is $3,000). I will be playing around with ideas for this one.
OCTOBER 2018 INCOME REPORT
TOTAL INCOME – $10,302.98
I’m just finishing my October income and expenses. I made just over $10,302! My second biggest month ever (in July doing over $11k)
The main Angel Foods website had 65,000 pageviews with most coming from Google and nearly 12,000 p/v from Pinterest (which is 33% of traffic).
Biggest income earner (as always) was subscriptions (Cake Business School & Blog Business School) with digital products a close second with 2 main courses ($5K Blog Formula and Price. Market. Sell. cake course).
THERE'S MORE WHERE THAT CAME FROM!
Get more juicy + delicious inspiration and advice with occasional emails (plus virtual cupcakes), free tutorials, business tips, some promotional emails with products & services and my $ income reports AND how I earn over $7000 per month from my blog!